Pages

Monday, May 7, 2007

ASTD LEAD2020 Twitter Colony

Hello All,

At one time or another, our paths have crossed, usually at ASTD, but sometimes in other contexts. In anticipation of ASTD - Atlanta, I have decided to do a social networking experiment at ASTD. I am seeking to create a twitter colony for the ASTD meeting. Check out my recent blog.

If you don't know what twitter is, here is as simple a description as I can find:

Twitter is a social networking and micro-blogging service that allows users to send "updates" (text-based posts, up to 140 characters long) via SMS, instant messaging, the Twitter website, or an application such as Twitterrific. Twitter was founded in October 2006 by San Francisco start-up company Obvious Corp.

What it does, is allow me and others of a community of twitters to communicate our thoughts and activities with a large number of individuals who have self-selected to be apart of our friend network, using very short 140 or less characters. So, I got to thinking.. what a better way to create a community of learners than to allow us to chat back n forth during the conference.. I can see it helping me to learn more, as well as allow me to keep up with my colleagues during the huge ASTD conference.

If you want another description of what twitter is about.. check out John Dorner's post on his blog.

SO. .if your interested in being a part of the ASTD LEAD2020 Twitter Colony:

Go to http://twitter.com/zozstate

and then add me as your twitter friend. If you have a treo, we can chat all during the conference. There is a time lag, but we can at least trade reflections and thoughts.. might be useful

Please share this post with anyone who is attending ASTD. Thanks, Mitch

No comments: