Time - One of the easiest to understand. Cultures differences around time include:
- Are you focused on yesterday, today or tomorrow?
- Are you focused on one issue/person, or multiple issues at the same time?
- Is late one minute pass the hour, or 30 minutes pass the hour?
- Are you oriented on doing the task or building relationships first.
- How important is context to your communication?
- Are you direct or indirect in what you share?
- Are you expressive and show how you feel?
- How big is protocol and formality to you?
Power - Do you prefer hierarchical or flat power structures
Competitiveness vs. Collaborative - Does this one really need an explaination..
Structure - Do you prefer order or like to be flexible?
Individualism - Two perspectives explain this one:
- Is it about you: "Me" generation vs. our is about the community "taking one for the team"
- Justice -All treated the same vs. each treated based on their situation and who they are.