Gladwell shares his perspective on selection vs. treatment of students. Questions to ponder....
- What is the implication from leaders who are coaching others?
- What factors do we use to select?
- Do we find individuals with the right work ethic who need to be developed further?
- Do we seek to find the perfect employee and not invest in developing them?
- Are we under developing our people and focusing too much on finding the best employee?
The lesson is that we all need to give attention to this issue and ensure the right balance. There are factors we need in every employee to ensure they can develop.. but most employees have a huge potential when placed in the right environment.