Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

Pavorotti... One regret I will always have

When I die, which will hopefully be many years from now, I know now that I will die with at least one regret.. I will always regret that I never saw Luciano Pavarotti live in concert. He gave the world music that transcended generations and cultures and he did it with what is the most wonderful voice we may ever hear. I especially like the fact that he could sing Ava Maria.. then turn around and sing with James Brown. He was a gift from the heavens.

The lesson to me is never to put off something that will make a difference in your life. Sure, there are lots of better things to do with my time that concerts, but I do believe this one would have made a profound impact on my view of the world. So, I will take this one off my list of things to do and refocus my efforts on those things that really matter.. like watching a world cup game (cricket or football-soccer)

No comments: