- The families of the victims will find peace in the memory of their loved ones.
- The people of Blacksburg and Virginia Tech will become closer to one another.
- We will gain insight into the needs and treatment of the mentally ill college student.
- New practices will emerge to improve the safety of college students.
- We will build stronger bonds between college students and their parents.
- We will all be more responsive to the lonely, the outcast, the excluded.
- Technologies and practices will emerge that improve our ability to communicate quickly with large groups of people.
- Funding for security, student well being, and support services will grow.
- Through new education efforts, mentally ill individuals will be more likely to seek help.
- This will be the last college campus tragedy.
Thursday, April 19, 2007
10 hopes from Virginia Tech
Here are my 10 hopes from the Virginia Tech tragedy.